Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

To sit or to squat

Guess it took me a big courage to start my "survey" with some mothers for the past 1 week on this topic. Haha... It must have taken me a bigger courage to post it here.

It really surprised me a bit when almost 90% of the mothers I spoke to sit when they do their business, and 100% sit when they were pregnant. haha... well, I was trained to sit too since young, but when you start to go for school camps, universities and traveling in different countries, you'll never know whether you'll get a squad toilet bowl, or a sit toilet bowl. And even if it's a sit toilet bowl, will you hesitate to sit on it since it may not be as clean as your house toilet? Argh, so, the best way is to learn how to squat when you do your big business, and you'll survive anywhere, any condition, anytime. I found it actually easier and faster to complete the big business when you squat comparing to when you sit :p

However, this "best" method has been valid for me for the past 10+ years, until lately when I tried to imagine how am I going to climb up the sit toilet bowl when the tummy grows bigger and bigger, bigger and bigger. I got so used to squatting that I've been climbing up that toilet bowl every morning for the past 4 months since I got pregnant. Better sediakan payung sebelum hujan. Probably it's time to relearn some old tricks.

Am so glad that those mothers did not show their shocked face when I told them I've been climbing up and down that toilet bowl for the first 4 months of pregnancy, but they've given me tips on how to sit and poo as efficiently as when you are squatting. haha... So far the information I obtained was pretty consistent - to lean forward and just do it. However, a mother actually shared with me her experience that she got too used with the sit toilets that one day when she was in her 3rd trimester, she went to a place where only squat toilets were available. Though it was just a small business and she need not squat too long, but she had problem standing up when done. Hmm... probably it's good to use the squat toilet for small businesses once in a while to train your leg muscles and to be "ready" for "squat-toilet-only" places.

OK. 1-week of experiment goes on so far so good. Thanks for all your encouragements and sharing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment