Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life is a miracle (Part 1)

This post has been saved as draft for several months. Supposed to published it 2 month ago when we were ready to declare to the world that - we are going to be dad and mum end of the year!! Well, never too late to share with you the journey of faith we've been through... It shall serve as a reminder for both YS and I on God's grace and love upon us (and baby) all the while.

=====================================================================================
YS and I have been discussing on when are we both ready to be parents. We did enjoyed our 'honeymoon year - 2008' and time spent together. A lot of growing in the relationship as well as knowing each other and both family members better. Though we were ready to embark on the next stage end 2008, but I was sent to Shanghai for work purposes from mid Dec 08 to end Jan 09. Thank God I was able to be back home for CNY as well as our 1st wedding anniversary celebration at Pangkor Laut.

I guess it was God's divine appointment for us to have a child this year. Since at the time we resume with our baby planning, there was cost cutting and project delay at workplace. Means, less chance to travel, which is good good...

It all started with mild but continuous stomach cramp for few days (before my next period), a little like menstrual cramp but there's no signs of the cycle start. Beginning the pain was mild but it was worse the day after. Skipped CG on Tuesday. 4 March went to a clinic at Bayan Baru but disappointingly he gave me Ponstan (painkiller for menstrual pain) insisting that the pain must be due to premenstrual related, though I never have such symptom for the past many years. Well, I hope not all guys doctors will assume the same thing. Probably he thinks that I'm merely there to get Medical Certificate. Sorry. Not everyone is like that. On that night, we went home and did the first urine test on home pregnancy kit to make sure that I'm not pregnant and is safe if I am to take Ponstan. Negative...


On 5 March we decided to seek a second opinion at a clinic at Farlim, since they have ultrasound equipment there. Sad enough it was almost the Dr's off time and he politely refused to use the equipment on me since it will take some time for him to setup the equipment. I told him that I've had cramps for few days, a little like menstrual pain but it's near the abdomen area. Could it be Urinary Tract Infection? However from the urine test, it did show some parse in the urine. Probably we were right - urinary tract infection. He gave me a syrup and amoxil antibiotic after we told him that we are planning for pregnancy. The pain slowly subsided but I'm more aware nowadays, no more being lazy of skipping toilet visits especially during midnight. On Friday, Angeline and Lee Chin says that based on their experience, I dont look pregnant... hahha... Jessie brought up the topic since she suspected I am. Probably because of the 1 hour rest in the in-house clinic few days ago due to "menstrual-like pain" but menstrual not yet come case...

For the entire week, I drank a lot of water, went to toilet frequently and was still waiting for my period to arrive. This week, can feel the breast is tender and some pain could be felt. Could be the pre-menstrual signs. But my abdoment is not blotted yet. ok... just wait... Impatiently, on 11 March morning, we used the pregnancy test kit again. Sadly due to insufficient urine (since it's the second batch after the first one 2 minutes ago), the results were suspicious since the urine was insufficient and did not reach the 'control window'. The results looks positive though... sounds like got a little hope :p We went to buy a new set in Guardian during lunch time and at night we were curious about the results again. That was the most pressured pee experience. Scare that insufficient urine will waste another RM18... haha. The results were pretty solid this round. POSITIVE!!! We immediately made an appointment with Doctor.



Lesson #1:
Aren't we glad that we did not take Ponstan? Gee.. How bout the syrup and amoxil antibiotic? I'm not sure how many pregnant ladies experience the cramp as I did... But it can be risky if we've listen bulat-bulat what the doctors asked us to consume for those unconfirmed symptoms.

Lesson #2:
Home pregnancy kits are mostly accurate if you use it earliest on the day you miss your period. There are some better ones nowadays which you can use them 2-3 days before the day you miss your period. We were too gan cheong that we used the first pregnant kit (which is the normal ones) 2 days before the day I missed my period. So there goes your RM18 + few more anxious/worried/confused days :(

No comments:

Post a Comment