Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Baby boy or girl

I guess this is the FAQ for the week. Very coincidentally, at least 3 people ask me the same question everyday. Probably everyone is as excited as us.

While the baby's sex is not revealed yet until end of the month (hopefully), I just ask if anyone wants a guess. Haha, guess that's the best thing I can answer for now :p

While friends are guessing, I learned some "tips" on how they guess. Pretty interesting and somehow I still doubt most of the "old wives' tales". Check this out:

1. If the mother is having a baby boy, she is still sharp as normal; if the mother is having a baby girl, she tends to be more clumsy and careless
2. If the mother is having a baby boy, she craves for food she likes all the while; if the mother is having a baby girl, she craves for strange food she never really like
3. If the mother is having a baby boy, the tummy looks pointing to the front; if the mother is having a baby girl, the tummy looks round.
4. If the mother is having a baby girl, she tends to have squarer face/double chin
5. If the mother is having a baby boy, her nose will be huge.
6. Count your date of conception vs your period cycle to estimate the baby's sex

Basically I don't quite believe all the items above since after I shared these "guessing tips" with some parents, most of them are not accurate at all. Probably I'd believe #5 since I've seen some colleagues having that nose as evidence :p #6 is based on some simple biology theory but in real life, most females do not have 100% accurate cycles monthly, unless you monitor it regularly using the ovulation test kit.

A friend actually send me a document which "teach" you how to get a baby boy or girl through positions, food you eat, age of husband and wife, date of conception and so on.... Gosh...

It's interesting to hear all the stories and ideas from friends, where they heard them from their parents or other friends. But was pretty shocked when a lady colleague insisted to see if my tummy was pointy or round shape in the ladies' room. Guess it was a little over the border, isn't it? Thank God it wasn't successful.

Anyway, as what I told most of them, for sure you'll know the baby's sex on the day he/she is born :)

No comments:

Post a Comment