Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Does size really matter?

"Huh, you 4 months pregnant de ar? Sure or not? Tummy so small one?"

"How come you eat less than non-pregnant ladies one? Aiyo, later your baby not enough food...."

"Last time my first baby also the stomach not so small le... hmmm..."

Gosh. Was really got 'frightened' and 'worried' by comments such as these 2 weeks ago. Which after that I decided that outer look can be misleading, and stop wearing the maternity jeans skirt, maternity long pants which may look tight though they are not. Meals wise, well, can't really eat a lot since experience told me that you'll feel much much better to eat less but frequent meals. Sorry for not performing up to your standard esp when you guys need someone to wallap the leftovers on the plate. Not the right candidate.

After the check up yesterday, am very glad, and relieved that Doctor says baby is in good shape, water is enough. Phew. Thank God :) haha

4 comments:

  1. Do not be vary of what people say. Just be confident and be happy. Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same comments from ppl too. Dont worry too much. When I was 5-6 months pregnant I still wearing my normal working clothes. My tummy only pop last 2 months. When u hear that again just tell them, it is good then u don't have to gain too much weight after deliver.
    First child normally tummy is smaller. Don't compare, I hate ppl comparing my tummy with their. Diff pregnancy is diff, not to say diff ppl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hie don't worry about it too much. I could wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothes even until delivery. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it's okay because for a first baby the stomach is not yet stretched so the appearance is smaller.
    Also, it will be easier to shrink back after you deliver and not so uncomfortable to move around or lie down.
    Have fun and enjoy your pregnancy! :)
    Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friends, thanks for the encouragement. Glad to know I'm not alone on the journey :)

    Hi Angeline, hope we'll know the baby's sex end of the month when we go for the next check-up. Stay tuned :p

    ReplyDelete