Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

What animal is ar? I thought is Flying Fox...

Last Sunday evening when Yong Sheng and I went to Youth Park (our recent weekly activity), I saw an animal I never seen before (as far as I could remember). Was very excited as this little creature, having her baby in her "pocket", with her claws on the tree trunk. This little creature has a special flap of skin connected to her wrists and ankles. Was really really very blessed to see her legs spread, where this flap of skin acted like wings as she glide from a tree to another tree nearby. Though it only happend once, but was really more than enough. Precious moment.

I was so happy I told my colleague that I saw the real "flying fox" in Youth Park. So proud!! I wanted to show him some pictures since he never see it before. However when I went to Google Image, only I know that Flying Fox actually refers to the bats family, which have faces like fox... Oh no, then what's the name of the creature we saw? Thank God for smart husbands. Yong Sheng went to the web and found this:

http://www.abc.net.au/schoolstv/animals/GLIDERS.htm#marsupials

Yes, we saw gliders, not flying fox. haha... But am really glad we saw the blur blur baby glider too. Cute and secured. Really envy those baby animals that can stay in mummy's pocket :p

No comments:

Post a Comment