Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Above all

A song that I heard when I was in Salvation Malacca many many years back. That was the first CD I bought, after saving money over the years, can't remember was it my first paycheck, a permanent job I got while waiting for my SPM results. Those days CDs were expensive if compared to the conventional cassettes.

I prayed. "God, please guide me to buy the CD that I will love, with songs that will speak to my heart."



Above all. I was attracted to the CD cover (as usual if you know me, I get attracted to the cover design easily if it's nice) as well as the title. I loved that song since the first day. I remember that many years later a senior in the university led this song in the Saturday service. Wasn't really good but I know she did her best. Not an easy song if the congregations are not familiar with the song.

A song that continues to touch me even today. A gift we do not deserve, yet was given freely though it's not cheap.

ABOVE ALL
Above all powers, Above all Kings
Above all nature, and all created things
Above all wisdom, and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began

Above all kingdoms, Above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what you're worth

Chorus
Crucified, laid behind a stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose, trampled on the ground
You took the fall, and thought of me
Above all


Father Lord, I pray that those who do not know this gift yet will come to know it, to have it and to share it. Thank you for being humbled, went through all the sufferings to bring us back to you. Sometime I can't even accept nasty people, but you've showed your loved to ALL, even the not lovely ones like me. Help me to be more like you each day....

No comments:

Post a Comment