Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

John 3:16

This morning I decided to spend more time with God, after about 1 week lack of discipline. While singing praises to prepare my heart, I looked down at the Big Thumb Square. A lot of people were already queuing up to get signature of some super star. Wow, so energetic. Are we showing the same passion to wait upon Him, to praise, worship and adore Him?

I saw a mum running towards her toddler who were pushing a shopping trolley. She quickly carried him up and hugged him tenderly, perhaps as a sign of apologies for leaving him unattended. At the moment, this struck my mind : yeah, it's her only child, must be very precious. In fact yesterday while reading about the babies died caused by the melamine scandal in China, I felt sad for the parents. So far there's only a couple that are willing to accept US$29000 as compensation for losing their 5 months child as they would not want to continue on with the complicated lawsuit and procedures. Other parents would not want to accept the compensation as it's really too low.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16.

God gave us His Son by purpose, not by accident. And even when Jesus cried "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (in Mark 15:34), do you think God is not heart broken to hear that cry of His only Son, the Obedient One? But there is a bigger mission to be fulfilled, which can only be done through the sacrifice of the Holy Lamb.

I really pray that this will speak to the very heart of people of the nation, this nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment