Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life

1 Feb 09 evening
A friend invited me to join a Facebook Group "Please Pray for Gina Lee Yeok Jang" - Please continue praying for our sister in Christ, Gina who's fighting 4th stage Lymphoma Cancer now in University Hospital.

2 Feb 09 morning
An email was received.
"Our ex-IKUTM sister Gina Lee Yeok Jang passed away peacefully at 5:42am, 2nd Feb 2009 at University Hospital."

It was shocking to hear that as within 12 hours, the news changed. I dont even have enough time to understand what is "Lymphoma Cancer"....

The last 2 times I last see her. First one was when I first stepped into KL City Harvest Church, where I was welcomed by her, one of the ushers. It was warmth to see a familiar face in a stranger world. Second time, and the last time, was when she attended my pre-wedding reception in Malacca. I can still remember she asked me to send her the wedding photos once ready. I posted in my mywedding website. Gina, I really hope you saw them as I did not personally send you the photos....

Life is short. Sis told me that young people who are at the very last stage of cancer usually will leave us faster than the older adults as the metabolism rate is much higher and thus the cancer cells grow faster...

I want to spend more time with people. With those I love. Friendships are what money cant buy. And once someone is gone, you'll feel better if you know you'll see them in heaven. But if you know you'll never, ................. Make a choice and do your part today.

No comments:

Post a Comment