Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A dream, an inspiration

I ended 2008 by doing something I really like, but not all always doing - visting museums, memorials and science centre. I never realised I like these places so much since I never really found someone that can "bare" with the amount of time I wish to spend in these boring places. Previously when visiting these places with other friends, I need to accommodate their preference and tend to browse through the facts quickly, so that I don't tie others down. After most visits, I felt a little discontent for the limited learning, but.... OK la... It's group activity. When visiting those places alone, I usually find a lot people passing by behind me, they seemed to be able to read and comprehend fast... Wow!!

Been to Shanghai Museum, Soong Ching Ling's House in Huai Hai Zhong Lu, SunYat Sen House at Si Nan Lu, Zhou En Lai House at Si Nan Lu, and also Shanghai Maglev Museum end 2008. Through these visits (except for Shanghai Museum and SCL House), I'm glad I finally found someone who actually spend equally long time browsing all the words and artifacts, even spend longer time than me esp at SYS House!! This someone that share the same interest as me is my best friend, Chew Yong Sheng. Haha... a hidden gift God gave me through our wedding early this year. Actually I should have realised it since we've been to Petronas Science Centre and Hanoi Cultural Village, but probably those were rushed trips, so did not appreciate it much :p

Was thinking about all these informative places. And was inspired - has anyone came out with a Bible Museum? How good it is to have such a informative place where people can just walk in and browse through the key message, historical moments, miracles, parables, and Christian teaching in a building? Haha.... It's nice to have such overviews. Best if can collect all the proofs which tells that those recorded stories really happened before!! Awesome!!

It's a dream. It's an inspiration. It's also a chance to give back to the society, since the museums and info centers helped me so much. If you are working on something like that, I'd like to be part of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment