Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Light and Salt

Wonder if you've been a real salt or light in the world? Are you saltier each day or you've lost the saltiness through the waves of life?

Was browsing through a friend's photos and testimonials posted in his friendster. A very old friend of mine whom I first knew in UTM. Haven't seen him for long time, I think about 5 years already. Viewing through the photos and familiar names in the testimonials reminds me of my uni life. 4 long years. How I wish it was longer as it's the best time in your life before stepping into the complicated world.

Probably uni days are the best time for evangelism as you spend most time with friends, eating, joking, travelling, talking nonsense, building rapport. In working days not many people are willing to just sit down with you for hours to talk rubbish and eat unhealthy food at abnormal hours. Hahha.... when you get older, more health issue. And when you get into the world with more peer pressure, you starts to be more interested in getting more money and achieveing more...

Uni life was mostly spent in lecture rooms, church, CG, home and other fei-low-ship places. Looking back, I once thought that I've not achieved much for God. Not getting my dream results to fulfill my purpose as a student. But am glad through various clubs and society, and friends from different contacts, I've built many friendships. Hope I did live a Christian life that encourages many, and not stumbling any...

Lord, give me more time and passion for people around me. Can I not focus too much on work and achievements but to slow down to take a look at my surroundings? To practice my human love? A heart that reach out and not always looking in? Help me to balance my life again. I'd rather have the joy relating to people, than to chase after empty dreams that will not leave much good memories for me when I'm leaving the earth in future....

No comments:

Post a Comment