Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Lesson learnt 101

After blogging about 'almost' forgot to take the expressed milk from my working place, on 29th January, my 7th day in office, I missed the boat. I attended a teleconference till 6.01pm. And I totally forgot bout the milk until I saw the clock - 6:01pm.

Gosh, I walk at top speed to the clinic - where the mother's room locates. I was hopeful that the clinic is not closed yet. After all last few days a lady in-charged told me that she usually works till 6+pm, and I've still seen her around at 6.15pm. Was rather shocked when I see the clinic chained with padlock, and all lights off. Ah....... How? I remembered now that the lady in-charged is an Indian and probably she needs to leave on time for Thaipusam. As I did not bring my handphone with me, I needed to walk back to my cubicle, at top speed again. It's not very nearby though....

While I was walking, I was counting the days the milk will be "trapped" in the clinic. Since Monday is public holiday, by the time I collect it on Tuesday, the milk will be spoilt already :( I purposely pass by another mother's cubicle. She's gone. Guess no one stays on late on Friday, further more it'll be long weekend...

When I reached my cube, I immediately call the only Avago mother's hp number which I have (suddenly regretted not getting more numbers). Thank God she picked up the phone and told me that the security guards have the clinic's keys.

Filled with joy, I ran back towards the nearest guardhouse from the clinic. I bumped into 3 securities and requested them to open the clinic for me. The most senior guy was very reluctant to help. He told me that the clinic has recently changed a new padlock which they don't have the keys; and even if they have the key, I need permission from the lady in-charge to open (which they also do not have the lady's hp number, so how to call???)... I later on discovered that these guys were simply too selfish as they were on their way to the smoking area.

I called back the Avago mother. Thank God for good timing that she's at the main guardhouse at that time. Over the phone, I heard her pleading with the securities to help me get my milk out. To cut the whole story short, she told the securities that we needed to talk to the top management and finally approval was given to me to get my milk out from the clinic. One of the smoking guys were called back to unlock the clinic for me =)

It took me almost total 40mins to get the milk back. When we arrived home, Clement was already very sleepy and luckily he managed to strived through the bathing time without tears...

Lesson learnt, set alarm at 5:45pm daily, and even if got conference or meeting, leave temporarily. (Hehe, many colleagues support this idea after listening to my bad experience). Again, thank God for His favour. From that day onwards, I always tell Clement to appreciate every drop of his milk....

No comments:

Post a Comment