Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I like about 3rd trimester

Used to miss 2nd trimester when it ended few months back. Probably when people tell you that 2nd trimester is the best period you will enjoy, since it's the most energetic months you can enjoy. Haha... to be frank, wasn't really looking forward for the third trimester =(

But after able to cope and handle constipation, heavier weight, increasing tiredness, leg cramp etc, I've also learnt to look at the bright side. In fact, one thing I like most is the movement you feel in your tummy everyday. I still remember that I started track if I'm now able to "sense" the flapping of butterfly wings since week 16, but only ended up disappointing, till about week 18 when I started feeling something moving, but not really obvious ones... It was till 2 days before my week 20 checkup that the baby finally kicked me harder, and enabled me to answer Dr. Low's question "Have you started feeling the baby movement?" "Oh yes.... (finally I'm confidence I felt something)"

Since week 20, baby became more active with increased activities, more kicking, somersaults, hiccups and so on. There were times where you can actually play with the little baby, by tapping back when he kicks you. I recalled testing his "maths" by tapping once, and he kicked back once. Then tapped twice, and he kicked twice. I think he was able to kicked back thrice, but when I tapped four times, he simply gave up, or bored of playing the boring game :p Chew was happy when he was able to get the baby to response to his tapping.


BabyCentre says that at 32 weeks, baby's movements will reach a peak of activity and from now on, you will notice an increase in the frequency and type of movements as your baby gets bigger and stronger. Am now 33 weeks. Yeah, stronger movements. Sometimes can feel his 2 hands and 2 legs moving at the same time, at four corners of my stomach... haha... the guessing games is just fun and funny. Am just wondering if I'd ever see his footprint or palm mark on my tummy. Can Hi5 then :p


Was a Europe baby, but now slowly transitioning to a US baby. Daddy pray that he'll be a pure Malaysian baby when he's out, sleep when time to sleep, active when time to awake :p

No comments:

Post a Comment